Thank you for your continued support :)
Monday, July 9, 2012
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Thursday, June 28, 2012
MarGaZITTA time :)
Jennifer Westmore concocted this amazing Margarita!
Low calorie and super yummy!
Thank you for sharing Jennifer!
If you have any recipes, I would love to share them with everyone submit them in the comment box below :)
During our honeymoon, we took advantage of another Tequila Adventure at the Ritz Carlton and did a Private Tequila Tasting.
Although my husband has already claimed Don Julio 1942 as his favorite, we were both up to trying all the other tequilas even though I am a Wine Chick ;)
The setup was beautiful! In the center was celery, jimica, carrots and chocolate which I took the pleasure of indulging because as the expert said tequila always tastes better with chocolate :)
My handsome hubby and the tequilas we tasted :)
From right to left: 345, Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia, Don Julio 1942, unsure ,Milagro, unsure
My two favorites!
Adios Amigas :)
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
After my workout Monday! Felt SO good, had to show off my progress! My girlfriend Michelle brewed up some Hymica tea so I refueled with that! It tasted like a tropical fruit punch I almost drank the whole pitcher!
Some eats at the Ritz Carlton
Tip: Order off the Kids Menu if you are unsure of ingredients! I got the "Little Mermaid" kids meal with an extra side of vegetables and a glass of Malbec Wine
Tip: Veggie Burgers are usually lower in calories. Add grilled veggies on top instead of cheese and salsa instead of ketchup and you have yourself a double wammy of vegetables!
During my honeymoon, I made sure to make use of all the fitnss equipment I was given. I took bike rides around the property, did some pilates, did some Star Systemz no equipment workouts, and of course resistance trained.
I also took up some Zumba classes for a different kind of cardio! Plus I have been so tight from all my weight training! My girlfriend invited me so I decided it would be a fun way to hang out and get our groove on....
Our instructor Noralys is AMAZING! She really knows how to move it and I am inspired to get my hips shaking like her :)
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Still working on moving this blog over...details to follow :)
One of my clients has an addiction to Starbucks which I do as well :)
Monday, June 25, 2012
Before starting any lifestyle program, "diet" program, weight loss program, workout program, any program you need to have a PLAN..
Sure the coach maps out a plan for you but if you do not plan to plan you will FAIL
I guarantee it!
9 times out of 10 people
fail programs because they do not plan to succeed in the program.
These people have:
- 0 goals
- 0 groceries
- 0 schedule
- 0 motive
- 0 PLAN
So what do I mean by 0 plan..
Well lets say you sign up with a weight loss program and you follow every single instruction but:
-You don't schedule a time to workout
-You don't grocery shop
-You don't prepare meals
-You don't have daily goals, weekly goals, biweekly goals, monthly goals, 3,6,9 month goals...
So the first week works out for you because you just decided to find the time to workout and you went to the grocery store with the list and found the easy recipes how you say easy so you bought the fruits and yogurts and you really have no goal in mind you just hope to lose those 5 pounds you gained over the last year.
"But its your best friends birthday" and theres liquor, cake and your ALL TIME favorite loaded potato skins and since you are "dieting" you have made this your "cheat meal" and hoard the entire tray along with cake, shots, long island ice tea's and god knows what else....
So you are on this "diet" and:
I will start again monday...
and the cycle continues....to O shoot my sister is getting married and I really don't want to look like a cow next to her so here comes the next plan...
and the next...
But why are you failing?
You really need to ask yourself these questions before starting another one those "diets" your co-worker lost 15 pounds on..
Why did i purchase programs in the past?
- Did they work for you girlfriends?
- Celebrity Inspired?
- Sounded good at the time?
Did I have defined goals? Weekly goals? Daily goals?
- Did I make actual goals: drink 8 oz of water today, add 1 more serving of vegetables, try a veggie juice, add 10 more minutes to my cardio
- Go to the gym 4 times this week, try a hike with a girlfriend instead of our weekly lunch, bring lunch to work everyday
- Lose 3 inches from my waist, fit into my "skinny" jeans, have to buy new clothes 2 sizes smaller
Listing actual obtainable goals:
- Listing goals dealing with weight loss ,inches lost, nutritional goalsExample could be : I want my waist to be 25 inches and I will do this by:OrI want to start a workout program I love and workout 4 times a week
Did I define why I am having trouble losing weight? Do I have a food allergy? Lack of energy? Food addictions? (soda,sugar etc.)
- Using a food consumption chart like this: FOOD CONSUMPTION RECORD for 3-5 days and start noticing patterns. Maybe your breakfast has more sugar then you can imagine so you crash by noon and want more sugar which leads to more and more and more...and you get the point
- Do you notice that you are more bloated after some meals? gassy? This could be an allergy, I suggest going to the doctor and getting tested. Just because you do not break out in hives and have to be rushed to the hospital does not mean you do not have a food allergy
- Do you feel like you are dragging at a certain point in the day?
- Do you have to have your frozen yogurt or Starbucks everyday to even make it? Do you know what the nutritional status of these items are?
Ask yourself why your last program did not work:
- Maybe you hated the food,
- Felt like an idiot doing the workout
- Your lifestyle may not work with a program that has you cooking at every meal and working out every single day for 2 hour
Again ask yourself WHY and be detailed about it whether it be:
- I just didn't have the time
- The food tasted like POOP
- The workout was to difficult
- I was not coordinated enough to do the movements
- I felt like I could not keep up and I just threw in the towel
Before starting any lifestyle changes you MUST plan to make these changes!
No plan is a quick fix, all changes should be life long changes and fit into your current lifestyle.
Sure some programs like to boast how easy it is if you buy a product from them and how yummy it is but honestly how long do you want to put artificial crap into your system? It is time to really plan and have a plan that WORKS for you! No one's lifestyle is alike! Someone might work the same hours as you but have a gym in there apartment building and love to cook, someone else may not work at all but have 5 kids who hate vegetables and a small budget for extra activities.
Stop dreaming and START DOING
What is your plan today?
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Eating fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts helps prevent frying your skin in the sun...
Science shows us that foods high in Vitamin C and Vitamin E helps anti-age damaged skin and protects the layers of your skin!
Vitamin C Foods
- Citrus Salads
- Red/Green Peppers
-The Lycopene in Tomatoes soaks up the free radicals and helps prevent DNA damage
-The antioxidants in dark leafy greens helps rid of the free radicals from the sun
-Citrus salads are rich in bio flavanoids which help strengthen the tiny blood capillaries in the skin and prevent broken veins.
Vitamin E Foods
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
-The fats found in seeds, nuts, and avocados help build collagen which helps keep skin elasticity
Eating these foods before, during and after playing in the sun will help provide your skin with the right nutrients to protect
-Peppers, Tomatoes and Guacamole Dip
-Spinach with Tomatoes and Seeds
-Melon Salad mixed with Almonds
What is your favorite Summer Time snack?